Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

August 3, 2009

How does one get a job in the craft beer industry?

As I continue to immerse myself in the world of craft beer and homebrewing, I realize that my current job working in television is a dead end and not what I want to be doing with my life (not to mention extremely mundane). I have become passionate enough about the world of craft brewing that I realize my career should be aligned with my obsession.

But the question remains, how does one get a job in the brewing industry? Does one go to brewing school at Siebel in Chicago or at UC Davis? Or does one try to find work as a bartender at a beer bar? It seems near impossible to find anything in the entry-level position at any breweries in the region, so more and more I'm thinking that the easiest way to get into the industry is starting your own brewery from scratch. Any by easy I mean very very difficult with tons of money that I don't have. Hopefully a few years from now I can look back at this blog post and laugh heartily while drinking our homebrew turned probrew straight out of a giant fermenter.

end rant.

oh yeah, beertography...Here's one of our very first homebrews. We took an APA recipe kit and hopped it up quite a bit. When it was fresh it was outstanding. And now, 2 years later, although the hop flavors have mellowed a bit, it's still a very good drinkable beer.



Ten Dudes Kinda Hoppy American Pale Ale

1 comment: