Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

August 17, 2009

Blue Point Hoptical Illusion



American IPA - 6.80% ABV

This is one of those beers that's virtually everywhere in Manhattan and Brooklyn, with the brewery being a mere LIRR train-ride away. But because of its frequency at my local supermarkets, I tend to overlook it. But some recent discussion on a message board that I frequent stuck in my brain upon a trip to the liquor store before heading down to the beach for the weekend, and I picked up a 6 pack. The BeerAdvocate average is a B+, and I would have to agree. This one leans more on the malty side, whereas I generally prefer a lighter, citrusy hopped kind of IPA. The major bitterness seems to come thru the nose as the malt takes over the taste upon first sip. Still, not bad at all to have within a short walk of work or home.

No comments:

Post a Comment