Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to

August 12, 2009

The Bruery Papier

The outpouring of excellent beers from The Bruery continues, and this might be their most interesting yet. The Bruery Papier is an Old Ale that checks in at a whopping 14.5%. Here's the description (via
Patrick Rue describes The Bruery Papier as a “big Old Ale with a Belgian touch.” This version of the beer is a bit different than the ones released earlier this month for the anniversary party. 25% has been aged in bourbon barrels for over a year; this was blended with a more recent batch that was aged with heavy toast oak cubes making up the other 75%. The other versions have been aged 100% in either Bourbon, Rye Whiskey, or Brandy barrels for over a year.

I would highly recommend splitting this one with one or two of your craft beer drinking friends. Or even beyond that, throw it (gently place it) in your cellar and try it in a couple years. The bottle itself states that it'll age well for DECADES. Let me know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment