Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

February 22, 2012

Beer It Forward Update - Package #1 Lands and Brings Casualty #1



Hey folks just wanted to give those of you following the Beer It Forward a brief update. The first package has landed at Target #1, Robert from Charleston, SC. Unfortunately, we had a casualty in shipment and a bottle of Southern Tier Choklat was lost. These things happen, but at least it's a reminder that good packing is necessary. Although I think I probably packed the box with just a bit too much beer (or maybe we just had a disgruntled FedEx employee somewhere along the line), I avoided having FedEx return the package to me because the beer was kept from leaking through the box by the double trash bags holding all of the beer. Huzzah!

Now Robert's going to select someone else from our participant list and send them a box of beer, and then they will do the same and so on. Remember, you don't want to let your target know that they're next, we want it to be a surprise!

Here's what I sent to Robert (L to R):

1 x 16oz. Sixpoint Righteous Rye
1 x 16oz. Sixpoint Bengali Tiger
1 x 12oz. Sixpoint Resin
1 x 12oz. Weyerbacher Insanity
1 x 12oz. Ithaca Flower Power
1 x 12oz. Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
1 x 12oz. 2009 Brooklyn Monster Ale
1 x 12oz. Weyerbacher Old Heathen Imp. Stout
1 x 12oz. Weyerbacher Double Simcoe IPA

and of course the ill-fated 22oz. Southern Tier Choklat.

4 comments:

  1. I sound the sad trumpets for our fallen brethren, the Southern Tier Choklat. His time came too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I will be drinking ALL of it tonight....


    Ok not all of it, but some of it for sure.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew i shouldn't have shot that with my phone...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like the force of my will was too powerful for that particular bottle. Such a shame. I will try to control my brain in the future.

    :)

    ReplyDelete