Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

January 8, 2010

Jolly Pumpkin Noel De Calabaza Special Ale



Well well well! Lookee here! It's been a little while, but I'm back! I hope everyone's holidays and new years were memorable. Mine were definitely memorable, but at the same time not easily recalled, as I had a LOT of great craft beer.

As you can see above, one of the beers I cracked open over the holidays (during the biggest snow storm in recent memory) was the Jolly Pumpkin Noel De Calabaza Special Ale. Also you can see that I was having some issues taking a quality photo out in the foot of snow. I think this is clue #2034 that I need an SLR camera. Someday.

Anyway, the BEER! It's fantastic! It's listed as a Belgian Strong Dark Ale at 9%, but it almost seems like it could be qualified as a Sour Ale. Lots of funk in this one, but not overwhelmingly so. This is was quite possibly my favorite beer I had over the holidays and I highly recommend sharing this one with a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment