Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

July 24, 2009

Rattle'n'Hum: The First Bar in the World with it's Own iPhone App!



At least, that's what they claim. How has it taken this long? Regardless, it's a great beer bar. Located on 33rd Street between Madison and 5th Avenues, Rattle'n'Hum is sort of an oasis of craft beer in a sea of suits and tourists. It features over 40 beers on tap plus 4 hand-drawn cask ales.

But anyway, the iPhone app! I just downloaded it (it's free, get it here) and it looks great! As you can see from the pics above, it features a current lists of draughts, casks and bottles (which doesn't seem to be up just yet). In addition to those, they have their events list, a map and an option to call them directly. This all looks good and seems to operate smoothly. Now...do they actually update their beer lists? I first looked at it last night and then for the second time this morning, and the list had already changed. So I'm guessing they do! But in order for this app to be useful, they'll have to really really keep it updated.

I guess the question remains about whether or not every bar would need its own iPhone app, as I can foresee my phone getting cluttered with tons of bars keeping me up to date of what's on tap. But for now, I'll gladly be checking this out and likely heading there more often.

A brief sidenote, RNH operates awesome brewery tours that I haven't been able to take part in just yet, but check them out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment