Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

March 5, 2010

Makin' Chili with Award-Winning Homebrewed Smoke Ale!

Yes. Its been a long time. I've been neglecting. But we're back in business!

Just last month, my homebrewing team and I along with our lady friends traveled to Stratton, Vermont for a weekend of skiing, beer and food. One of our big priorities outside of hitting the slopes and drinking great beer was making chili with our First Place receiving homebrew "Smokey Smoke".


tim and jeff adding smokey to the chili

Tim along with Jeff's girlfriend Cinzia created a delicious chili from scratch that was clearly only missing one very important ingredient.



This was a great idea but there was one sole problem. We wanted to drink Smokey Smoke. And we wanted to drink a lot of it. So we were only willing to risk the "loss" of one bottle to the chili. For that amount of chili, it would really serve to add more to get more of the beer's flavor.



So overall, a delicious idea that would just need a larger amount next time around. Unfortunately the Smokey supply has been even further dwindled (surprised?), so it might be tough to do this season. We'll definitely be making the beer again though so here's to giving it another shot in Winter '10-'11!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I make a Chocolate Chipotle Chili that I often use stouts or porters in. Last time I used Rogue Chocolate Stout, but I think I'd like to try a smoked porter next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate Chipotle Chili sounds awesome. If you have a recipe, I'd love to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniel, if you don't have a homebrew, Alaskan Brewing's Smoked Porter would make for a VERY smoky (and tasty) chili.

    ReplyDelete