Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

October 15, 2009

Guinness + Cider + Futbol



Some time ago, my good friend Ian (whose birthday it JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE!) got me into English Premier League soccer. We started watching matches in the early morning, often times with either cider and/or Guinness. This was before my 'beer awakening', you see and at the time I would just reach for the whatever was available at the local supermarket.

So the other day when I woke up with just minutes to spare before the start of Manchester United v. Sunderland, I realized it had been quite a long time since I'd had a cider. So I quickly set the DVR to start recording the match and headed out to track some down. My first thought was to grab Magner's Cider, since I remembered that to be one particular cider served at the famous Nevada Smith's, a great place to cram in and watch any and all European Football. Unfortunately, I found that ciders are not exactly easy to come by in my neighborhood and ended up with two Woodchucks and a Guinness, unable to find Magner's.

So, here is my question. What makes a good cider? Is there a cider equivalent to beeradvocate? And also, is Guinness acceptable to buy? I only got it because it was more of a nostalgia factor. Questions, questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment