I don't believe I'm going to get to try this one. Unless someone out there is kind enough to pick me up a bottle. Gosh, it sounds darn good though:
“Created on that now infamously dark Tuesday at The Bruery, using 2,500 pounds of grain, more than double any of the usual recipes, along with several different forms of sugar, Black Tuesday has grown into a massive, flavorful imperial stout that weighs in at a robust 19.5% alcohol. Aged in bourbon barrels for over a year, this midnight black stout is full of flavor: vanilla, burnt caramel, toasted oak, licorice, prunes and sherry-like oxidation.”
On Tuesday, October 27th, the beer will finally be released in bottles. Some has been released for tasting/sampling and it already has a 4.87 average through about 30 reviews at Beer Advocate. Here are the bottle release details from the most recent newsletter:
– Three (3) bottles per person (not including prior allocation purchases)
– $30 per bottle
– Ticket distribution starting at 5:30 PM. If you want 3 bottles, please request 3 tickets.
– The number of tickets will correspond with the number of bottles available. Starting at 6 PM, we will sequentially be calling a range of numbers (will be displayed on the projector, not audible) and those ticketholders will purchase their bottles
– Doors open at 6 PM and close at 10 PM
– Those who purchased allocations will be able to pick up their bottles at this event or on a later date
– Cash and credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover) will be accepted. No checks, please.
– In the event that Black Tuesday does not sell out on the release date, additional bottles can be purchased on Friday, October 30th starting at 4 PM
Special Beers Available:
– Special Cask: Chocolate Rain (Black Tuesday with Cocoa Nibs and Vanilla Beans)
– Black Tuesday will be on tap, as well as our full lineup
– We will also have several other special bottled beers for sale: White Oak and Bourbon Barrel Aged Partridge in a Pear Tree (and possibly Barrel Aged Autumn Maple if it hasn’t sold out already)
– 2010 Bruery Reserve Society memberships will also be for sale at this time. More details coming soon.
– Light complimentary snacks will also be served.