Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

January 30, 2012

Beertography Beer It Forward Open Signups

The results of a Beer It Forward I participated in last year. 

Do you want to get awesome beer in the mail? The answer is yes, so let's not waste any more time.

What is a Beer It Forward? It's very simple. You sign up and get selected, you get beer shipped to you. Then, you take beer from your local region and send it to another person in the selected participants. It's that easy. So how about some details?

  • This is the first one I'm organizing, so I'm going to keep it simple. We're going to try to have 8 participants from different parts of the US. No international people just yet, sorry. Maybe we can let them in next time if this goes well.
  • In order to apply for the BIF, send me an email with the subject line "BIF" along with your city/state. Where I get multiple applicants from the same region, I'll randomly select one to be involved. The goal is to spread out the participants as much as possible so everyone gets beer they can't get in their locale.
  • We'll do a 60 ounce limit. That means: please send at the very least six 12oz bottles of different varieties. Anything more than that is a nice bonus, but not required. If you want, you can throw in extras like a t-shirt, glassware, coasters, etc. as well.
  • I'll randomly select someone from the group that I will ship to first. That person then gets the list of the remaining participants and picks the next person as their target. Other than me, no one knows who is sending them beer. Part of the fun is the surprise of opening the box.
  • Once you receive your package, please send yours out within 7 days time to keep things moving.
  • For those of you that have never shipped before, here's a great list of helpful tips you can check out. I don't usually do the ziplock bag thing, instead I'll take two trash bags and put all of the bubble-wrapped beers into the trash bags, tying it tightly. Better to be overly safe than sorry.
  • If your beer shipment gets lost or damaged, it's on you to replace it and send it to the person who was supposed to receive it. 
  • If you're not sure what beer from your region that your target can't get, consult this handy-dandy google document. Or contact me and I'll try to help you out.

So, let's review. You want in, right? Send me an email with the subject line "BIF" along with your city/state. I'll sort through everyone who wants to be involved and break it down by region. Then I'll notify the selected participants and get this thing started. I'll keep accepting entries until next Monday 2/6

1 comment: