Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

May 24, 2011

Beertography of the Week - May 24th



Another great pool of entries for BOTW, but I had to go with this one from Beer Union which features the newly canned Brooklyn Brewery Summer Ale. I just happened to pick up a 12-pack just this past week and they were enjoyed mightily over the weekend. With Memorial Day just a few days away, it really is a great beer for summer. Here's a snippet from Beer Union's post:

We spent Mother’s Day weekend out on Long Island and enjoyed drinking some beer outside. We made a stop at Glen Cove Beer Distributor, our favorite LI beer store, and to our surprise found a small stack of canned Brooklyn Summer Ale. We have been casually keeping an eye out for the canned version in Brooklyn the past couple of weeks with no success. The beer did taste very fresh and bright with a distinct hop aroma that wasn’t overwhelming. For a summer seasonal it was quite clean and refreshing. It went well with the weather and the salmon and cold orzo salad that we had for dinner. We’re definitely looking forward to this being a staple of summer time.

I couldn't agree with their sentiments more. In fact, I was going to post this entry yesterday until I saw that they followed up with even more of exactly what I was thinking. Check out what I mean here. Up until these new cans, I hadn't had the Summer Ale in years. It just never did it for me... something about it in bottle form just doesn't work. But I think the brewery has found a winner with this canned alternative.

That's it for this week, but as a reminder, either email your beertography to beertography@gmail.com or if you're out drinking somewhere, just tag your tweet with #beertography and I'll be sure to consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment