Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com
April 13, 2011
Barcade Jersey City: Open Next Week!
Well kids, the time has finally come. Barcade's Jersey City location is finally opening. For those unfamiliar with the original Williamsburg, Brooklyn establishment, you're in for a real treat. Barcade is just what it sounds like: Bar + Arcade. The twist being that all of the beer is craft beer and the games are all cabinets from the 1970s and 1980s only. So don't expect to be drinking a Budweiser while playing some Mortal Kombat. Here you'll be drinking high-quality brews and playing vintage video games.
- 163 Newark Avenue at Barrow St.
- nearly 30 games from the 1970s and 1980s, no pinball
- 24 taps, 1 cask - all American Craft Beer
- bigger space than Barcade Brooklyn
- 12pm-2am Sun-Thurs, 12pm-3am Fri-Sat
- food will be served but none of it will require utensils
- eventually outdoor seating will be available
- some beers exclusive to NJ, not available in NY like NJ Beer Co. and Flying Fish
- no TVs
- beer events will happen, possibly Thursdays (same as Brooklyn location)
The Game List: Tapper, Galaga, Defender, Millipede, Mr. Do, Donkey Kong, Ms. Pac Man, Mappy, Burgertime, Tempest, Cosmic Alien, QBert, Asteroids, Tetris, Arkanoid, Spy Hunter, Zaxxon, Frogger, Mouse Trap, Joust, Star Wars, Tutankham, Sinistar (this is give or take a few, due to repairs).
As you can see, with the slightly bigger space they're able to have some cockpit-style games like Star Wars and Turbo OutRun.
Well, there you have it! Barcade JC should be open some time next week, so hope to see some or ALL of you there. Big thanks to Paul for letting me check out the new space.