Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

December 16, 2009

Allagash 2009 Interlude



A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of trying this offering from the great minds at Allagash Brewing Company. I would say that 90% of the time Allagash hits it out of the park, but I found this to be a SLIGHT misstep. Although, full disclosure: I had this entire 22oz bomber by myself, so it may have been a bit too much for just one mortal human. That aside, I found this Wild Ale to be a bit too bitterly sour, whereas something like Russian River's Consecration or the Ithaca Brute hits the sour level perfectly. Not the greatest drinkability here.



A brief perusal on BeerAdvocate shows that some people seem to agree with me. But delving deeper, it seems the reviews for vintages of this are much better. Perhaps they switched something in their recipe this year and it didn't quite work as well? I don't believe I've ever had it before, so I can't compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment