Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

May 1, 2009

Dogfish Head Festina Peche

Summer is coming! Haven't you heard? And what better compliment to warm weather than summer beers! Great brews such as the Brooklyn Weisse have started hitting shelves, and it's time to imbibe. One more off-centered summer beer is that of Dogfish Head Festina Peche
When I first tried this beer waaay back in 2007, I thought it was awful, terribly carbonated, sour and soda-like. I would have given it an F. And I loved Dogfish even then. But after two years of further beerducation, I've learned that it's actually the style, Berliner Weissebier, and a pretty darn good representation of it.

Here's a video of owner/brewmaster of Dogfish, Sam Calagione explaining Festina Peche (which I actually thought was pronounced "Paysh" until you hear how Sam pronounces it in the video).



Enjoy and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment