Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

June 23, 2011

To The Green Mountain State!



Tonight, my friends and I begin a journey North for a whirlwind tour of the best breweries and brewpubs of Vermont. Check out our planned stops:

Hill Farmstead Brewery
The Warren Store in Warren, VT (where they sell bottles of Lawson's Finest Liquids)
The Alchemist
Trapp Family Lodge & Brewery
Vermont Pub & Brewery
American Flatbread / Zero Gravity Brewing
The Farmhouse Tap & Grill
Three Penny Taproom

Its quite an ambitious schedule for 4 days including hiking Mt. Mansfield on Saturday morning, but we're determined. Out of everything listed I've only had a few Hill Farmstead offerings before (luckily enough some do make their way to NYC occasionally). You may notice that a brewery not on the list but featured in the lead photo is Magic Hat. Even though it is Vermont's most prominent brewery and we will be a few miles away, we've elected to pass it up. They make a few good beers but I think the other smaller breweries blow them away. Who knows, maybe plans will change...but for now, no Magic Hat.

We'll also be making a stop at Valley Malt in Hadley, MA, run by husband & wife team Andrea and Christian Stanley who we met at Brooklyn Wort. The couple is bringing back artisanal, local malt and we will be using it in our upcoming homebrews!

If you follow me on twitter, I will be tweeting our adventures and untappd'ing everything (provided there's some kind of cell service in the mountains) we drink. If you have any other suggestions of places to stop in at in VT, feel free to send them my way!

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be living vicariously through your tweets! After living in the Burlington area for 4 years, I'm glad to see you're hitting up Zero Gravity. In my humble opinion, they're doing some of the best stuff in all of New England. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. Thanks Lauren! I hope I actually have service.

    ReplyDelete