Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

April 23, 2009

Belgium via Brooklyn



Taken April 22nd, 2009 by The Beertographer

Last night, brewers Jean Van Roy of Cantillon and Yvon de Baets of de la Senne poured their deliciously rare brews at Spuyten Duyvil in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. This was actually the first time that anyone from Cantillon has ever been to the US, and being able to get their beers on tap is a rare treat, so of course we had to stop by.

I had the Cantillon Kriek (pictured above and pronounced "creek", which I only learned after googling), a 5% Lambic. This was one unique beer. Your tongue is attacked by sourness, sweetness and cherry notes all at once. You almost get a vinegar taste, but not in a bad way. I don't think I'd ever had a Kriek before, but I would definitely want to have more.

I was also able to try the Cantillon Broucsella 1900 and the Brasserie De La Senne Equinox which were both superb as well.

These excellent Belgian brews only add fuel to the fire of our plan to do a Belgian Brewery tour in October 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment