Beertography has moved to squarespace! Update your bookmarks to beertography.com

November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving everybody! Hopefully right now you're waking up to a house that's already smelling of delicious foods. Today I wanted to share with you my craft beer pairings with my '09 Thanksgiving meal that I really enjoyed. Above you'll see that I paired my main course of turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, turnip, stuffing, green beans, sweet potatoes and corn with the wonderful Allagash Grand Cru. This year I'll be trying it with Allagash Tripel. Something about Allagash just always gets me on Thanksgiving.



For dessert I went with Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti. This was GOOD, but at the time I wished I had not gone the oaked route. A regular Yeti or even a Belgian Yeti would have hit the spot even more. This year I haven't quite decided what I'll be pairing it with, but the 2009 Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout that's sitting in the fridge is calling my name.

Reminder! If you would like to have your photos featured on the site, please email them to beertography@gmail.com. Or if you're on the go, you can tag your tweet with #beertography and/or mention me @beertography.

No comments:

Post a Comment